Master of Arts in Communication
Enhance your communication skills for personal and professional growth.
Effective leadership begins with the ability to communicate clearly and graciously. Communication, in fact, touches nearly everything we do in this increasingly complex society.
The M.A. in communication at ACU offers a diverse yet integrated study of human interaction, techniques for improved teams, conflict processes, and productivity. Here, you will grow personally and professionally as you enhance your communication skills and learn how you can make a difference wherever your career aspirations lead you. The degree can also set a foundation for further study.
Our program offers a limited number of graduate assistantships in teaching, research, and in our Speaking Center – opportunities that are also rich in real-world learning experiences. Click here to learn more about these and other student opportunities.
This 36-credit hour resident graduate program in communication is designed to be completed in two years. It offers:
- Courses in Principles of Rhetorical Criticism, Quantitative Methods, Qualitative Research Methods, and more.
- Limited graduate assistantship available.
- Intentional professor/student ratio to enable academic and pedagogical mentoring.
- Thesis and non-thesis options.
- Opportunities to study abroad in various locations around the world.
See our accreditation here.